Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Storytelling

Without a doubt, the most difficult part of the foreclosure crisis from my perspective is trying to boil it down to a story the jury can get behind and run with.

From the start, this vat of evil has been uncovered by detail-oriented people with big brains like Neil Garfield. That is great and helpful for detailing the 95 Theses that Martin Luther nailed to the door of the church (I've got 95 Theses but a @#&$# ain't one), but it's less effective for telling a story that the jury can take from the courtroom to the front page.

I am beginning to distill it by working on my second master petition that is much more focused and less lawyerly than the first. After noticing numerous discrepancies between statements on major blogs and actual LAW, I am a little more willing to step out in my own knowledge than I previously was. But I would still value any feedback on how to make this complex set of facts more juror-friendly.

2 comments:

  1. even though neil is a very good friend i always wanted something simple...early on for me that was

    thru the use of their own docs to show that it could not be true....i mean it is their doc

    but here is what really haopened....i didnt see how they could overcome their own docs

    and now the depos from their own employees

    especially LPS...which is used by all atty in Mo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the guys that are really getting it done are Jeff Barnes, Nick Wooten, Beth Findsen..I have all of their pleadings and disc etc...i spoke with ya tonight...and of course Max Gardner

    ReplyDelete